22/11/2016

My Girls - GDT Scrap The Girls


Fabulous Tuesday! I had the great honor to guest over at the Scrap the Girls challenge this month! The guest post went live during the weekend and you can see the post here (link). To find out more about the challenge, please see for example this page (link). Underneath you can see the sketch for this month.


It was fun to guest as most of my pages are in fact of girls as I’m a mother of two girls. I was inspired by the horizontal lines in the sketch and mimicked the plank-looking pattern of the background paper with the stripes – they create a balancing element to the otherwise quite horizontal design. I also cut a couple of banners and placed them underneath the photo like they are in the sketch.

I wanted to create a little extra to the guest post so I recorded a video to show my process. You can see that here below or in my YouTube channel - please subscribe if you like the video! You can always find the link in the blog's sidebar but here's the direct link also (link).  


The topic of the page are my two girls. In the photo they are playing with a big wooden horse in Häme castle this summer. We went there for a little summer trip and both of the little ones enjoyed the exhibition and the old building very much. 

Thank you for stopping by today and I also want to thank Krisy for asking me to guest! Have a great day!


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, A Flair for Buttons, Prima Marketing, American Crafts

1 comment:

Kathy Bradley said...

Beautiful page!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...