14/09/2016

Flower fairy - Scrap FX


Once upon a time there was a small flower fairy who lived in the kids's room surrounded by story books, toys and two lively girls...

Hello, today I'm sharing this dimensional piece with you which I made for Scrap FX. I had an urge to do something new, something I've not done before. So when I saw the fairy chipboard shape in the Scrap FX site, I had the idea of doing a little scene from a fairy tale. I wanted to have the fairy and some flowers in the piece but ended up doing a toadstool as well.


I started the piece by coloring all the chipboards I added to the scenery and making the toadstool. The mushroom is made using a small pie form, a wooden spool and some lace. I used sparkly, shiny acrylics as my colors to add up to the magical feeling. The fairy has some extra shimmer as I coated the shape with micro glitter. The fern is green as well as most of the "Flower Grass". I decided to color the "Leafy Spray" pieces yellowish to add another color in but still keep the over all look quite nature-like. The blooms in the pieces, like in "Blossom Stem", are sugary pink.

Next step was to make the ground out of air drying clay. I made a little hill and then a bigger lower area. Then I just stuck my chipboard pieces to the clay and waited the clay to dry. After that it was just the last details like painting the ground and added some blooms for embellishments.

Now that I've done this piece, I'm thinking I could do more. There's a nice fairy tale section at Scrap FX website - what should I choose next? What would you do?


I also want to share something with you - a new digital craft magazine is launching and all the sneaks shared from the first issue so far look really good! Please head over to the Facebook page (link) to see more and keep up with the updates!


Materials from Scrap FX:



Materials: Scrap FX, Prima Marketing 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...