11/08/2016

Happiness - 7 Dots Studio


Hello, today I'm sharing a tutorial I created for 7 Dots Studio. It's another take on the theme “color and cut” which I used in my monthly post (link). Whereas the colored images on the monthly post were patterns on the papers, this time I’m creating the parts to be colored using stamps. You can see the original post here (link) in 7 Dots Studio's blog.


As you can see from the video, I first created a bunch of flowers using a stamp from the Nature Walk stamp set. I stamped the flowers using embossing ink and then added white embossing powder on top. Of course you could use any color, but neutrals like white and black work well with any color scheme. I then colored the flowers with watercolors like in my monthly projects. 


To keep the card sweet and neat, I added a doily in the mix and also some patterned papers. Like I say in the video, after I finished the card it felt a bit too pale for my taste. Even though I was going for a romantic look, it’s good to have some contrast so I added some patterned papers to the background as well. You can’t see this on the video, but I just took some papers from the Fortune-teller collection, cut them a bit bigger than the card so far and attached underneath. They also create a sort of frame for the card. 

Thank you for your visit today! I hope you like the video!


Materials: 

Homegrown – Clear Stamps 


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Wow Embossing Powder, Ranger

1 comment:

Kathy Bradley said...

Riikka - beautiful card and colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...