28/04/2016

#TBT post - More 2 Love


Hello there! I'm starting a new series in my blog called "#TBT post". I was talking to some friends about blogging and what one of them was saying was that bloggers don't use enough the material they already have - that is the old post. 

So as I've noticed some new readers to my blog (welcome!), I thought to share every Thursday a post I've actually done earlier. I show the project, share why I want to show it again and probably will add some info from the original post as well. I'm trying this out at first so let's see how it goes.

For the first #TBT post I chose this layout I've did for Mixed Media Place. Here's the link to the original post, blogged January last year (link).


The page was created for a discount post - all the products from category "Pens and Pencils" were -10%. I used a pencil in a number of ways in the page. That's also the reason why I chose to re-blog this. As it's a humble, inexpensive tool, but there's so much you can do with just a single pencil. You can draw, trace, color, make title and much more. I tend to use several mediums in my pages, but it's sometimes fun to limit your choices and experiment with a fewer tools. You don't have to have a big arsenal of mediums to make fun layouts.

Underneath is some text taken from the original post - a tiny bit of info about the pencil itself and also some words about the ways I used pencil in the piece.


The pen is mightier than the sword! This awesome craft tool dates back to the 16th century England and has been used ever since. The first pencils were just chunks of graphite but later a way of mixing clay and graphite was invented to produce the core of modern pencil. This also made it possible to make softer and harder pencils, just by changing the ratio of the two ingredients in the core. You can also change the darkness of the markings by the amount of pressure you are using - they can vary from light touches to pitch black especially with a soft pencil. 

There's a number of ways using a pencil. You can doodle with it, draw and write, of course. You can sketch, trace a stencil and color. What you can also do is use it for frottage technique - rub a pattern of an embossing folder for example like I did in my page. Just place something with a raised pattern underneath your paper and rub the surface of the paper with a pencil or equivalent and the pattern will appear. You can also find the tracing, doodling and coloring in my page. Did you also notice the way I added the title? The other part is written with a pencil and then cut off and the other is written straight to the page itself. 

I find doodling on a layout very soothing and also an important part of my process. I usually make doodled rings around the vocal point and then finish the page with smaller doodlings like hearts, stars or just little circles. A pencil is one of my favorite crafty tools and if you haven't tried one for a while, now's a great time to start! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Hope you are having a wonderful day!


Materials from Mixed Media Place: 

General Pencil - Layout Graphite Drawing Pencil - 1 pc Cardstock - Eco - 12x12 - 285gsm 7 Dots Studio - Domestic Goddess - Proudly Handcrafted Glimmer Mist - Red Velvet Prima - Vintage Vanity - 2.2x2.5'' Clear Stamp - Circles Prima - Vintage Vanity - 3x4'' Clear Stamp - Book Archival Ink - Jet Black Prima - Elementals - 6,5x10,25 Stencil "Harlequin" Prima - Elementals - 6,5x10,25 Stencil "Stars" Prima - Mechanicals Flowers x10 Prima - Mechanicals Numbers Scrapbook Adhesives - 3D Foam Squares Mini - 308 pcs Faber-Castell - Mix & Match - Essential PITT Artist Pens - Black Glue Magic - 45 g in a tube


Materials: Tattered Angels, 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Canvas Corp, Ranger, 3rd Eye, Teippitarha

3 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Your new series sounds wonderful! And, the page is beautiful - and you did so much with the pencil - it's awesome.

Shwetablog said...

Nice

Seventy Two said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...