22/03/2016

Three Wise Monkeys - 7 Dots Studio


It's challenge time over at 7 Dots Studio! The March challenge is about "Parts of Your Face" (link). Like always, you are feel to interpret the topic how you want but you must use at least one 7 Dot Studio product in your creation. The challenge is open til April 19th. And the prize is grand - the other of the new collections, "Homegrown"! 


At first I was a bit lost with the theme but then it hit me! “Parts of faces” reminded me of the Three Wise Monkeys, Mizaru, Kikazaru and Iwazaru, covering parts of their faces. You can read more about those guys here (link).

So I did some ATCs with the theme “speak no evil, hear no evil, see no evil”. The stickers from “Cold Country” suited the cards so well and I used a bar styled sticker from the sheet to cover the right parts of the faces. On top of the sticker I then wrote the name of the part of the face in Finnish. So there's "korvat" for ears, "silmät" in the eyes one and then "suu" over the mouth.


As there were three cards I chose to go with the primary colors. I used quite neutral colors otherwise, but added yellow, blue and red to the cards by using mists and inks. I also included some colorful dots to each one to heighten the primary feeling. As eyes had to be blue and mouth red, ears got to be yellow. Maybe not the best color for ears but that was the only one left! 

All of these have a new home already, but in case you would like to swap a card with me, please let me know and we'll work out the details (like the mailing address)! 

Have a great week everyone! 


Materials from 7 Dots Studio: 

Destination Unknows: Tags 12x12
Domestic Goddess: Tags 12x12
Soulmates: Squares Mask 


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Design Memory Craft, Fiskars, Sharpie, Ranger


5 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Riikka,
Your ATCs, as always, are beautiful, creative and unique. Thanks for sharing your art.

SewPaperPaint said...

Very creative and colorful! Love this set!

Unknown said...

So insightful. I never knew those monkeys had names. And I love the primary colors!

Unknown said...

So insightful. I never knew those monkeys had names. And I love the primary colors!

Seth said...

Love these!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...