20/01/2016

Truths depend on the point of view - Scrap FX


Do you have a Pinterest board for sayings and texts that really sink in? Those that ring a bell and make all the sense in the world? I used to have a board for those but I deleted it when I realized I didn't use the lovely texts for anything. Then I came across two sayings that I really liked and turned them into layouts so maybe I should make up a new board and start using those texts! Following this idea I made two layouts for Scrap FX!


This first page is made around a quote from Star Wars. "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." The quote rings truth to my ear. What's right for me might not be right for you and so the truth also changes according to the point of view. It's also said that "history is written by the victors" which is the same idea in a different form. A friend of a friend had the possibility to visit schools in many countries and was really astonished how greatly the interpretation of the recent history changed according to the country. I think this phrase is good to keep in mind.


I used different stencils and stamps to make the background for this page. I started the page with one of my favorite stencils, the "Circular Shawl". Then I continued with the "Harlequin" stamp and then layered the steps on top using the "Dance Steps" stencil. There's also the triangles drawn with the "Triangles" stencil.

Underneath the paper layers I added a piece from the "Industrial Machines" transparency and then embellished the page with chippies. The question marks are from "Map Pointers" and the "What" from "Facts to Remember".

Thank you for your visit! See you tomorrow when I share the second page using the same quote idea!


Materials from Scrap FX:




Materials: Scrap FX, 7 Dots Studio, Design Memory Craft, Sharpie, Ranger

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...