22/11/2015

Alice - Scrap FX


Hello there! How are you today? Today I'm sharing first of two new layouts for Scrap FX using the new collection so expect two hearty layouts! They are very different but both have a lot of hearts on them. The original post in Scrap FX blog is titled "Black and White" as the other page is black and other white.

This first one is the black one as you can see. The story in this page is about a childhood memory. When I was just starting school, maybe 7 or 8 years old, I happened to see Alice Cooper's "Poison" music video on MTV. And that hit hard! I then found Alice Cooper's photo from a magazine, cut that out and treasured it in my wallet. I didn't have a clue back then about the lyrics as I didn't know English at that age, but the visual aspect appealed to me and for a moment Alice Cooper was my ideal man. Thinking back now that makes me smile.

I just had to document this memory as I think my kids will find it funny later on. It also is funny how I later on became "a metal head" while I was listening to pop songs at young age and really found my style only after my 20s.


I started the page by adding gesso through the "Key Heart" stencil. On top I then added some mist and a touch of stamping with the "Circles and Lines" stamp. On the side of the white area I also stamped a black heart using "Sketchy Heart" stamp. On top of the background I then layered the "Web Heart" chipboard which I had treated with embossing powder. Other embellishments include a piece from "Heart Strings" and "Spinners" sets. The flower like lace pattern on the side of the photo is from the "Blooming Heart Silhouette" and the little circles are drawn through the "Random Dots" stencil.

Thank you for your visit today! I hope you'll be back tomorrow for another hearty page!


Materials from Scrap FX:

Spinners 2012008



Materials: Scrap FX, Prima Marketing, 7 Dots Studio, Wow Embossing Powder, Sharpie, American Crafts

2 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Riikka,
Gorgeous layout and a beautiful picture of you! I always love black backgrounds - I think they show details so very well - and your details are wonderful. I love the story behind your page - Alice Cooper was always a fav band of mine. I could never get much into heavy metal - but I had some friends that hit every metal concert they could find! But, I do love all types of music. Again, beautiful page.

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Really funny story!! I love the white and black with red, it's gorgeous! You've created a lovely page!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...