21/08/2015

Photos Enclosed minialbum - Mixed Media Place


Hello there! We have a new challenge going in the Mixed Media Place! I'm thinking your are going to like this one! Well, hopefully you have liked all the previous ones, too, but now you have a tutorial(s) to work with. Let me explain.

Have you noticed the lovely “Art Recipes” in Finnabair's blog? They are step by step style tutorials to help you create wonderful creations and really spur your imagination and inspiration! So this month the challenge is to use one of these Recipes to get you going! You don’t have to do the same project or even use the Recipe step by step but let it inspire you and see what you come up with! 


I used the “Under Pressure” Art Recipe (link) more as inspiration than followed it step by step. In my project I tried to add details from the recipe and also from the page in my creation. Instead of the Luminarte pigments I used Ecoline watercolors in my minialbum but did the two tone stencilling to some of the pages. There’s also lines with watercolor pencils, layered papers and pencil doodles. I also added twine here and there inspired by the original Recipe page.


The minialbum is done for my mother in law who has a birthday coming up. It’s always hard to think a present to a person who has all she needs, but as she loves her summerhouse and her grandchildren, I used photos I took this summer when we visited her in the album. The idea is that she can take the summerhouse and summer with her when she returns to her town flat for the winter.

I find minialbums really hard to present as it usually means a ton of pictures so this time I recorded a flip through video to go with a few photos! Hope you like it!


Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you'll join the challenge! And if or should I say when you do, don't forget to include the link to the Recipe you used! 

Oh, and those clovers on the cover - I gathered them from the summerhouse. My mother in law said that she never finds a four leaf one and as I found several and quite a few with five or even six leaves as well I pressed them and attached to the cover with Soft Gel. Now she has always some four leafed ones!


Products from Mixed Media Place:

     
 


Materials: Prima Marketing, 7 Dots Studio, Rager, Talens, Pinkfresh Studio, Fiskars, The Crafter's Workshop

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...