01/06/2015

Indians - Scrap FX


Hi there! It's Monday and not only a start of a new week but also a new month! This month ScrapFX is playing with Kraft+Plus challenge and is also giving a fab price away so you should join. The goal is to create a layout inspired by the photo in the challenge and use kraft colored cardstock or paper as the background. The background can be patterned but the mail color must be kraft. And for the June the theme is "in the jungle" as you can see from the photo underneath. You must include an animal print as well as circles in your project.


Above you could see my take to the challenge. The animal print was a bit challenging at first as I don't normally use anything of the sort in my pages, but luckily I remembered having a piece of patterned paper with a print of that sort and giving it to my daughters. Rummaging though their paper stash I didn't find the one I was looking for but instead got my hands to something even better - a zebra print! I had enough to make one big circle out of it to my background and the continued the circle theme using other papers in smaller circles.


The topic of my page is my grandfather really. The title, Indians, refers to the picture where I'm the chief and he's the younger Indian. If I remember correctly there's another picture in the family album as well where he has a necktie around his head to mimic the feathered headdress. We were really close when I was younger and in a way still are but in a new way - way less goofing around as he's turning 90 this year. 

Have you documented your grandparents? If not, here's your change to go playful or nostalgic, kraft gives a great background to both! And what's great, the kraft colored Scrap FX chippies go so well with the background without any treatment! 

Thank you for stopping by today!


Materials from Scrap FX:



Materials: Scrap FX, Canvas Corp, Design Memory Craft, American Crafts, A Flair For Buttons, Ranger, We Are Memory Keepers, Prima Marketing, Fiskars 

6 comments:

Нюрка из гнезда said...

So cool!

Val-Belle said...

Such a cool challenge and I so like your page best of all the ones I have seen... you just pull stuff together so well. I would love to see your home I bet it is awesome :D I havnt been here for soooo long. So busy with the wedding :/ now I have a few weeks to visit before my trip. <3 I have missed this <3

Paula said...

I love what you did with this challenge...your design, as always, is fabulous!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Sweet Val, thank you so much for the comment :)
Our home is more or less black and white :D Well, we have awful yellowish pine floors, but otherwise the main colors are black, white and grey. :D

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you :")

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...