19/11/2014

December 2014 album - Canvas Corp Brands


Hi there! Yesterday I shared this minialbum at Canvas Corp's blog. Today I want to share it here - so say hello to my December album! 

I've been doing a "December Daily" style album for several years now. The style and amount of text varies, but still every year I do one. Here's the link to the 2011 album and here to the 2012 album. In 2013 I seem to have missed showing the finished album, oopsie!


This year I knew the covers of my album early on as I saw the 7Gypsies covers on the Canvas Corp online store. And the album started to take shape when I received several packages of paper bags in my DT kit. They provide a perfect way to add a lot of ephemera without making the album too cluttered. Just tuck all the receipts, notes and mishmash inside. You are adding bulk but not a mixture of colors and patterns and still can store everything! I also added some Farmhouse Christmas and Black and White File Folders mixed with the paper bags. The black and white together with the craft give a lovely neutral background to all the photos and text that it's going to fill the album.

With the old book style covers and the brown paper bag pages inside the album the whole thing had a great homey feel. So I carried that one on to the embellishing the cover. I used a piece of burlap as the bottom layer as it has a lovely Christmas feel to it. On top I layered a tag from 7Gypsies and also a few other embellishments like the deer head cut out from a tag. To further have the homey, a bit Scandinavian feel, I made tassels and pom poms. The tassels are made of red hemp rope but for the pom poms I used red yarn as it's softer and gives a fluffier effect.

If you wish to see what the album looks like at this point, before the documenting itself has started, please watch the video below.


I can't wait to start using this album and adding those daily notes in there! My tips for making an album of this kind is to prepare yourself a kit for it. Thus you will have a continuous color scheme and style throughout the album. Choose some patterned papers, some embellishments, a set of alphas and for example a few stamps too and then carry on using them throughout the album. Like I have used that scrip stamp through the pages and also the white mist. Every spread is unique but still they all have something in common.

Thank you for your visit today! Wishing you pleasant day!


Materials from Canvas Corp Brands:

Numero stamp set
Par Avion stamp set


Materials: Canvas Corp, 7 Gypsies, Tattered Angels, American Crafts, Studio Calico, Copic, Ranger


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...