01/10/2014

Why can't my fingers always look like this - 7 Dots Studio


Hi there! Today I'm one of the two designers posting on 7 Dots Studio's blog. Please come and visit the original post here (link)! I'm eagerly waiting for the new collections and can't wait to start using them. This page I created with some older ones and mixed several in the same page.

The topic of the page is my love for messy fingers. I honestly love having paint media in my fingers because that means I’m either making something or have made something. It really makes my tick and keeps me going! 


What I also enjoy tremendously is mixing collections – I guess you might have noticed that one already. And nothing better than to be able to do so! What I love about 7 Dots Studio collections is that you are always able to bring that older paper in with the newer collections as they match!

What guides my mixing is the same guideline I also use otherwise in my creating and that is the colors. I usually work with analogous color scheme, meaning that the colors are neighbors on the color wheel so finding papers from different collections means that I try to find red papers or blue ones and then bring another color in. Like in this one there’s reds, a touch of orange and then the purple. Neutrals like brown or grey are also great as they mix easily with the brighter colors.

Have you seen the new collections? They all have such a great palettes! I can’t wait to start mixing and matching them either together or with the older collections!

Thank you for your visit! I hope to see you back tomorrow! 


Materials from 7 Dots Studio:


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Talens, Tattered Angels, Fiskars, Epiphany Crafts, Ranger, Prima Marketing

2 comments:

Pia - Piipero said...

Hih, Suloinen. Hauskoja juttuja siellä täällä... tykkään! :)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Kiitos Pia :")

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...