24/08/2014

Etaana - Sodalicious August Sketch


Hi there! How's your weekend been? I hope you have had some time for creativity! Today I share with you this page I did using Sodalicious sketch and with some lovely new paints!

We visited Tampere during our summer vacation and of course we needed to stop by at local craft store, Paperilohikäärme, too. They had the Dina Wakley acrylic paints in stock and I decided to buy a few as I've noticed that every time I would love to use a purple paint I decide against it as i would need to mix the paint. I know, so silly, it would only need a second! But anyway, the end result was that I left the store with a selection of the paints and a promise to blog my thoughts of them.

I'm so so happy that I decided to buy a few and ended up a great rainbow of those paints as I simply love them! Their texture and thickness are just ideal for my use! And those yummy colors! I have to admit that normally I have used a range of different paints never thinking too much about them. Most of my paints are from Talens, the Amsterdam range, and there's nothing wrong with those, but the Dina Wakley are thicker. Like the packaging says, they are heavy body and I love that. Even though I have quite a good range already, I really need to get a few more to get the complete collection!


For this layout I used a technique with the paints that Maikkis used to create this card. She also made a video about the process (in Finnish). I've seen the technique before but completely forgot it since the moment I saw the video. So thank you Maikkis for the inspiration! And thank you Elina and Paperilohikäärme for the paints!  

Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Acrylic Paint Lemon Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Acrylic Paint Magenta Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic Paint Ruby Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Acrylic Paint White

But to the layout! The story behind it is movie "Frozen". We watched it together with the girls some time ago and they completely fell in love with the story and the magical powers. Well, I have to admit that I really liked the story, too, and was completely captivated by the music! But ever since we watched the cartoon, the characters have showed up in kids' games. My younger one is always just Elsa, but my older one came up with a magical character of her own - Etaana. Her super power is to create baby snails and do dishes with her feet. I think it's so cute and cool so just had to document it!

Thank you for your visit today! Wishing you a magical start to the week! 


Materials: Sodalicious, Ranger, Tattered Angels, BadgesFolie, Epiphany Crafts, Design Memory Craft, MT Masking Tape


2 comments:

Val-Belle said...

I think this is one of my fave colour combos... it just screams HAPPY... such a gorgeous layout and I love the background paper. Stunning as always Riikka.

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Val <3 Yes, yellow and pink combination is just so delightful and carefree and happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...