23/07/2014

I don't belong to you - Mixed Media Place


Mixed Media Place has a new challenge theme for a few next challenges - summer music! The first song is "Freedom" by George Michael. Please check this link to see how the DT was inspired by this piece of music! 



Here's my creation for this challenge. I have to be honest - I remember this song from my youth, but it never was a big hit for me. I guess that's why I was struggling at first to get a grip of the piece. It's a fun song, but somehow it didn't move me. I find music very inspiring, but I have to admit that usually I listen to something very different. 

Instead the images of the video hit me hard, but I wanted to be more inspired by the music itself so I chose to go with the lyrics. Maybe an easy way out? Although I have to admit that the video itself plays a big role in my spread.

The lyrics have a captivating idea - a person doesn't belong to any other than himself. So very true. Even though in a relationship, the other one doesn't one the other. You simply cannot own anybody.  


I used the blue color scheme inspired by the video. I created the coloring using Tattered Angels mists and also Gelatos. This piece was the first I used clear gesso to. It really took me by surprise! I've used to the smooth, creamy feel of the Talens white gesso so the tooth in Liquitex clear one came as a total surprise! It also has quite a different composition otherwise as it doesn't have the similar adhesive property as the white one. But I really liked the feel, when I got over my first shock! 

The profiles in the spread are one of the super models in the video. As I had a vision of two heads talking to each other, I googled a profile picture and flipped it in Photoshop and then printed the pictures. I drew and stamped on to the profiles, too, to make them look more "mine" and more coherent with the page.  

It's really a hot day here in Helsinki today - I think I shall pop some music playing and start creating! What about you? If you have a moment to spear, please join in the challenge! It would be great to see your interpretations! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great evening!



Supplies from Mixed Media Place:

  
   
   






Materials: Prima Marketing, 7 Dots Studio, Stampendous, Talens, Tattered Angels, Ranger, Sharpie, Design Memory Craft, Liquitex 

7 comments:

Linda Brun said...

Love this page, the colors of course but the images with split mouth is striking.
Thanks for great inspiration.
Hugs

Tone-Lill said...

Awesome AJ page. I love the two faces and the written lyrics. This song was one of my favourites way back lol ;) A happy scrappy week to you :)

Lizzyc said...

this is amazing! fabulous take on the challenge.. love the faces..

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you so much Linda! <3 Hugs!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Tone-Lill! Wishing you a great week, too! :)

enkulin käsityöt said...

Mieletöntä miten upea. Olet ollut tosi tuottelijas.

Riikka Kovasin said...

Kiitokset :") Joo, kokoajan on projekteja menossa :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...