14/07/2014

Hello Miss Mouse - 7 Dots Studio


Hello, it's great to see you here! Today I'm sharing my second project for 7 Dots Studio for July

Our family went to see “Disney on Ice” last winter. Ever since then my younger one has been talking how she’s going to be “Mickey Mouse with the bow” when she grows up. If you reply: “Oh, you mean Minnie?” she gets very upset and replies “NO! Mickey with a bow!”. She’s really determined to be in a ice show wearing a Mickey costume. It’s her dream job. As I think that’s so sweet – and so her, I wanted to document this dream job like I did with my older daughter’s dream of becoming a vet.

Lately I've consciously trying to avoid my go to technique when it comes to backgrounds - gesso and then mists. But I must admit that that feels to most comfortable for me. In this layout I used acrylic paint and stamping. I used bright colors to give the page a happy look and arranged some of the elements in the page to remind of Mickey. Can you find them?

Thank you for stopping by today!


If you follow my Facebook you've probably seen the pic above already - I'm so honored and in awe to be a part of the Shirel's 3rd Pop and Colours workshop! The company I'm in - wow. I mean just look at those names! This workshop is all about mixed media. During the 7-week run of the workshop you get 2 tutorials per week! And there's still an offer for the price - the workshop is normally 28 € but if you register now, you'll get a 3 € discount! If you'd like to know more about the workshop, just click here (link)!


Materials from 7 Dots Studio:

9th Wave: Deep Water



Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Tattered Angels, Um Wow Studio, Talens, Teippitarha, KesiArt, American Crafts, Ranger, Freckled Fawn, Sharpie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...