21/06/2014

Spring Moments - Mixed Media Place


Hi there! Here's a page I created for Mixed Media Place this month! I wanted to play a little and monoprinting is a great way to do that. It allows creative play, mixing different paints, colors and patterns. You can make your own patterned paper and have fun at the same time! I used my Gelliplate to make the prints, but the Stampendous palette will work fine, too. Or even a big acrylic block, if you don't have a printing plate.


I chose the colors for the layout from the picture, which is my usual way to go. For this page I chose the earth tones together with the vivid purple from the crocuses. I made the papers using that color scheme and also added details and layers to the background using the same palette.

As the layout is about spring, I used flowers and birds to give the impression of life starting again after the winter. The flowers starting to grow and bloom and the migratory birds returning.

If you want to see how the page came into being, please see the video! Hope you'll like it!


Thank you for stopping by today! And also, please visit Mixed Media Place's blog - there's a very special announcement in the latest post!


Materials from Mixed Media Place:

    
             


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Tattered Angels, Ranger, Dina Wakley, Design Memory Craft, Prima Marketing, Gelliarts, Canvas Corp

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ihana sivu ja mitkä värit! ;)

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

So much inspiration thank you xx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

So so gorgeous!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you for looking! <3

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Chantal <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...