28/06/2014

Natural Scientists


Hello there and happy Saturday! Here's another oldie I have had in my drafts for quite a long time. It's about my too girls who like all children really enjoy studying nature.

The picture in the layout is taken in my mother-in-law's summer house. The girls were so excited about the plants, the insects and animals around. And they were intrigued by the lake and the peer, too, and wanted constantly go there to watch the little fishes. The journaling about their interest in nature goes round the page like a little frame.


This layout was quite difficult to photograph, as the background is made of glimmering Tattered Angels paints. Also as I made the background with such a heavy layer of paint the effect is in a way more subtle than with a thinner layer - the glitters sink to the bottom a bit. I've used the same technique in a few other pages also (link to one) and there's something coming about that, too. Wink, wink. In addition to the paints I used stenciling, stamping, doodling and flicks of mists in the background.

Have a sunny Saturday! Thank you for dropping by today!


Materials: ColorConspicay, Scrapperin, My Mind's Eye, Tattered Angels, Prima Markering, Ranger, 3rd Eye, Crafter's Workshop, Stencil Girl, Sakura, Scrapbooking Adhesives by 3L, BadgesFolie, 7 Dots Studio, American Crafts, MT Masking Tape, Studio Calico

4 comments:

Craftyfield said...

Another gorgeous layout! Why is it when I try to do mixed media it looks as if things have been thrown together haphazardly and look awful, whilst your pages look coordinated and "artisty"? I'll stop moaning now... Thanks for your nice comment on my blog.

Marek said...

WOWOWOWOWOW Amazing

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Denyse! <3

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Craftyfield! Just keep throwing things on there! That's how I started :) I guess it takes some time to get the rhythm to things. If you want to take a look, Christin Gronnslett just created a video how she does her multilayered backgrounds and there's several start to finish ones in my youtube channel. Please leave me a comment or send a mail if you want to ask something :) I usually start by adding a random amount of color and then go in a way smaller and smaller, closer and closer to the photo area...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...