19/04/2014

Smile - CSI 119


Hello there and peaceful Saturday! I'm feeling a bit Christmassy with this layout for CSI 119. The Testimony asked to journal about something that makes me laugh and I just happened to have this photo of my husband making faces shot from the reflection in the bauble. 

As the photo suggests, he makes me laugh. I feel so fortunate to have him in my life. He's my rock, my greatest support and my soul mate. We've been together for over 10 years and usually tell jokes to each other just by saying a few words and the other one gets it. He really makes me smile and laugh on daily basis.

I used all the colors in the palette and added some gold to the mix. From the Evidence part I used wood (woodgrain pattern + a little Christmas tree peeking behind the photo), map (washi tape) and tags. "Something clear" is the transparency I wrote the word "smile" to and frame goes for the Polaroid style frame. Leaves can be found in the teal patterned paper as where as floral pattern is in the same paper or that little sticker. Something unexpected is golden embossing powder which I used as my first layer instead of gesso which I usually grab at first. 

Thank you for looking! 

Evidence: wood, map, tags, something clear, frames, leaves, floral pattern, add something unexpected

Testimony: Journal about something that makes you laugh


Heippa ja rauhallista lauantaita! Tunnelma on tässä CSI-haasteeseen 119 tehdyssä sivussa hieman jouluinen. Testimony-osiossa nimittäin oli maininta tarinoida jostakin, joka saa nauramaan ja skräpättävien kuvien pinossani oli tämä otos miehestäni vääntelemässä naamaansa joulupallon heijastuksessa. 

Kuten kuva antaa ymmärtää, hän saa minut nauramaan. Olen niin onnekas, kun hän on elämässäni. Hän on kallioni, tukeni ja turvani. Olemme olleet yhdessä yli 10 vuotta ja usein kerromme vitsejä toisillemme muutamalla sanalla - toinen tajuaa alusta jo sen, mitä on tulemassa. Hän saa minut hymyilemään ja nauramaan päivittäin. 

Käytin haasteen väripalettia ja lisän mukaan kultaa. Evidence-osiosta käytin puuta (puunsyykuvio ja pieni kuusi kuvan takana), karttaa (washiteipissä) ja tageja. "Jotain läpinäkyvää" puolestaan löytyy piirtoheitinkalvosta, jolle kirjoitin "smile". Kehys on tuollaien Polaroid-tyylinen. Lehdet ja kukkakuosi löytyvät samasta turkoosista kuviopaperista. Jotain odottamatonta on kultainen kohojauhe, jota käytin sivun taustaan gesson sijaan. 

Kiitos kun katsoit! 

Evidence: puu, kartta, tagit, jotain läpinäkyvää, kehykset, lehdet, kukkakuvio, jotain odottamatonta 

Testimony: Tarinoi siitä, mikä saa sinut nauramaan

Materials: Studio Tekturek, Sodalicious, 7 Dots Studio, My Mind's Eye, Glitz Design, Studio Calico, Talens, Hema

2 comments:

Val-Belle said...

A stunning layout. Love the colours and the photo is just amazing. Great work once again.

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Val <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...