20/03/2013

Zeus&Zoe: Direction


Hello everyone! I'm happy to share with you my first creation for Zeus and Zoe today!  This page is for the  March challenge "New beginnings"

This autumn is going to be a new beginning for me in some ways. I've been at home with the kids 4 years now and shall return to work again during autumn. So now I'm considering my direction and what to do with the new start. The journaling of the layout is at the back.

I had some great blue papers in my Zeus and Zoe kit and the acrylic paint in the sponsor DecoArt matched it perfectly, so I did a blueish layout. But I just have to tell you that blue is my favourite color and the color of hope, so it fitted perfectly with my theme.

Almost all of the materials in the page are from my kit. I used some patterned papers, chipboard embellishment, the flower, the lace and the jewellery pieces from the kit. The tickets, the flower and the oval are all cut from different patterned papers in my kit. Please check the Zeus and Zoe Etsy store for similar materials! I just added a doily, some washi tape and some alphas to the mix from my own stash. 

For the background I used some my own stencils with Tattered Angels mists and then finished the layers with the DecoArt stencil and acrylic paint. I also traced the swirls of the stencil with black felt pen.

I hope I inspired you with my layout! Please, take part to the challenge if you already haven't done so. We would love to see what you create!



Heippa kaikki! Tämä on ensimmäinen sivuni Zeus and Zoe:lle! Tein tämän maaliskuun haasteeseen "New beginnings" eli uusi alku. 

Tämä syksy tulee olemaan uusi alku minulle tietyllä tapaa. Olen ollut kotosalla lasten kanssa neljä vuotta ja palaan syksyllä takaisin työelämään. Nyt siis on haussa uusi suunta ja mitä sitä oikein tulee tekemäänkään tulevaisuudessa. Sivun tarinoinnin kirjoitin paperin taakse. 

Zeus and Zoe kitissäni oli mahtavia sinisiä papereita ja DecoArtin sponsoroimista akryylimaaleista löyty täsmälleen sama sinisen sävy, joten tein sinisen sivun. Toisaalta sininen on lempivärini ja sivuni ovat usein sinisiä tai turkooseja, joten ehkä se ei ollut yllättävä valinta. 

Lähes kaikki sivun materiaalit ovat kitistäni. Käytin kuviopapereita, chipboard- kuvioitakukan, pitsiä ja korun osan kitistäni. Liput, paperikukka ja ovaalit on leikattu kitissäni olleista papereista. Kurkkaa Zeus and Zoe Etsy-kauppaan, jos materiaalit herättivät kiinnostuksesi! Liitin joukkoon omista materiaaleistani vain kakkupaperin, vähän washiteippiä ja kirjaimet. 

Taustaa varten käytin omia sabluunoitani Tattered Angels mistien kanssa ja viimeistelin sivun DecoArtin kauniilla kiekurasabluunalla ja akryylimaalilla. Piirsin sablunan ääriviivat taustalle myös mustalla tussilla. 

Toivottavasti sivuni innosti osallistumaan haasteeseen!  Olisi mahtava nähdä sinun työsi haasteeseen! 



Materials: Zeus and Zoe, DecoArt, Tattered Angels, Prima Markering, Talens (Tempera), 3rd Eye, Ranger, American Crafts, 7 Dots Studio



11 comments:

Vibeke said...

Hi:)
This is beautiful!! So cool details.
I love it:)

Niinu said...

Nyt mä kyllä toistan itseäni mutta...oi joi joi, mitkä värit ja koristeet! Tykkään!

Els said...

Stunning layout, Riikka!! I love the many details and layers! Good luck on your 'new beginning'.
Els.

Anonymous said...

Beautful LO! Love the layers and the use of mists with the stencil!

Anu said...

Ihana sivu! Ja kaikkea hyvää syksylle, samanlainen tilanne itsellä käsillä =)

Unknown said...

I love it!! So pretty! I really love the background and the layering! Thank you Riikka!!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Vibeke :)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Els! <3

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you :)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Samoin sinulle, Anu! Tsemppiä :)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Marivic <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...