02/12/2016

Gingerbread love - 7 Dots Studio


Hi there! Today I'm sharing the first of two layouts I created for 7 Dots Studio this month. I'm sharing the other page tomorrow, but if you want to see them already today, please head over to 7 Dots Studio's own blog (link).

The idea behind the two is to use the same composition, just flip it from right to left and to use other colors and embellishments as well. Even though the same composition is in use as well as the background treatment, the pages look different, mostly because of the color. 


I use the two newest collections in the layouts – this brown, vintage colored one is done using the “Writer’s Block” and the other, minty, teal one using “Cotton Candy Dreams”. Both collections are by the lovely, talented DeeDee Catron.

I’m so happy to be able to work with these collections as they fill my every need! The “Writer’s Block” is perfect to those vintage, grungy, ephemera-styled pages where as “Cotton Candy Dreams” speaks to my more modern side. What a great combination!


This page is about gingerbreads. To me baking these lovely treats is the start for the Holiday season. I love especially the scent they bring to the whole house when you boil the spices and sugar and syrup together. Because of the scent, I also added a cinnamon stick to my page. The background paper reminded me about kitchen towels as well, so it fitted the theme also. I really love gingerbreads so it’s “a true love story”.

What marks the start of your Holiday season? 


Materials:

Homegrown – Clear Stamps 
Homegrown Um Wow Studio flair buttons


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Ranger, Sakura


1 comment:

Diane J said...

I love both of the layouts you had on 7 dots. Also the cards you had on Prima blog. Beautiful. I love Christmas projects. Oh I can smell the gingerbread already!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...