Hello there and sweet Sunday! Yesterday I shared my hop canvas and today it's my monthly projects turn for Finnabair Creative Team! This time I embellished the cover of a new art journal.
My grandfather just moved to a smaller apartment and while going through his belongings, I discovered numerous pieces that found their way to my mixed media drawer. One of those little treasures are the scissors on this cover. I also found my late grandmother's old sewing kit and used the old tape measure also on the cover.
Together with the heritage pieces, I used various Mediums and embellished the project with Mechanicals. I layered several pieces of the Mechanicals in the form of a flower. There are many wonderful tutorials on layering the Mechanicals by Finnabair, for example this one. I also added separate metal pieces here and there and formed a big cluster with all the embellishments.
The first thing I did was to add some strips of paper to the cover. To adhere those I used Soft Matt Gel. On top I created a resist pattern using a Finnabair stencil and 3D Gloss Gel. To get the metal pieces to stick to the cover and also survive the wear and tear, I used 3D Matt Gel as an adhesive. I also used Clear Gesso, Soft Gloss Gel and two Texture pastes in the creation. You can see where and how I used them from the video I created. Hope you enjoy!
I wish you all could see the cover in real life as the play of matt and gloss, dull and shiny is quite nice in it. The glossy circles create a great contrast with the gesso-mixed pigments.
Thank you for your visit! I can't wait to start filling this journal with pages! Wishing you all a peaceful day and great start to the new week!
Products used in this piece:
Materials: Prima Marketing, Tattered Angels, Luminarte






Oijjoi miten kaunis :) Ihanaa runsautta ja kauniit värit.
ReplyDeleteEi mitään uutta siinä, että ihailen suunnattomasti sinun töitäsi <3
Suurkiitos Arja <3
DeleteBeautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you <3
DeleteGong to watch the video now--- this is beyond stunning!! Loooove it --& yes, it would b lovely to see it IRL!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Lizzy <3
DeleteFabulous album cover, loved the video too!
ReplyDeleteThank you :")
DeleteOh wow Riikka - this is stunning! Love the colours and the inclusion of your grandparents' bits and pieces!
ReplyDeleteThank you Heather <3
DeleteBeautiful and Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThank you Kirsty :")
Deleteamazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love your style honey!
ReplyDeleteFabulous project! Thank you for sharing your creative process!
ReplyDeleteThank you <3
DeleteTruly amazing and wonderful video to go with it. I want to be just like you when I grow up. You work is just amazing.
ReplyDeleteAww! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, that's so sweet! But you are already Val <3
DeleteCool!!!! I love it!
ReplyDeleteThank you :")
Delete