Lovely Tuesday! Last night the last Emotional challenge went live in the Mixed Media Place's blog. We have new inspirations for you next month and I think you are going to like it! The emotion this time is stress. Quite a challenging one, don't you think?
I wanted to do this emotion again in a positive way. I'm no stranger to stress and it really can help to overcome challenging situations, but I didn't want to do a project about anxiety or busyness or deadlines. So I came to think a saying I'd seen over the internet somewhere: "stressed spelled backwards is desserts". So instead of reaching black, grey or red I did a pink, white and golden page.
I used acrylic paints and gesso to make the background, painting them on to the page with a palette knife. The cakes are made of 7 Dots studio stickers, layered on top of each other. Lastly I added icing on top with modelling paste and Liquid pearls.
Thank you for stopping by today! And please visit Mixed Media Place's blog for a dose of inspiration!
Materials from Mixed Media Place:
Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Talens, Tattered Angels, Prima Marketing, Ranger, 3rd Eye, Aladine





This looks amazing, I love your humorous take on stress.. perhaps if we all could be more positive then there may not be as much stress!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Lizzy!
DeleteI kind of think just what you said, a lot comes from the attitude :D